Wanted: Night Manager
It’s not enough to be better, you have to be different! At Parker New York, our brand is your personality. If you are bright, knowledgeable, witty and stylishly confident, then you just may be what we are looking for.
Do You Have What it Takes?JOB SCOPE:
- Act as the hotel representative for all employee and guest related matters. Responsible for the overall supervision of staff and property during the overnight shift. Ensure guest expectations are met and PNY standards are maintained. Other duties as required
Meetings and communication:
- Completes and distributes nightly reports
- Works closely with Front Office Manager towards maximizing occupancy.
- Maintains strong relations with night mangers at other hotels in the city towards picking up additional rooms from sold-out hotels.
- Communicates all events, problems or issues from the overnight to the concerned people.
- Remains informed of room availability, special events within hotel (banquets, meetings, tours) to provide general information.
- Reviews manager’s log book and completes tasks
- Inspects front and back of the house operations on an on going basis
- Inspects guest areas for coverage, appearance and follow-us when necessary
- Controls rooms inventory and maximizes revenue and occupancy
- Supervises Front Office and checks in guests when necessary
- Greets and escorts guests
- Closes the date for the hotel operating systems (Opera, Micros and Minibar) and runs the audit
- Supervises overall hotel staff in the overnight
- Trains, counsels, develops and evaluates the front office overnight staff
- Recommends disciplinary actions for the overnight staff
- Keeps the staff motivated and energetic
- Ensures that the staff members respect the procedures and standards.
- Insures maximum safety of guests, patrons, and employees in case of an emergency
- Handles and resolves inquires, special services and requests, guest related problems, etc.
- Handles guest complaints, quickly and efficiently, informing department head when necessary
- At least 2 years Front Office management experience in a comparable property.
- 4 years Bachelors degree in Hotel Management.
- 3 years of hotel experience
Leadership (Hotel operating procedures and policies, Computerized property management/ Front Office Systems) Problem Solving (Measuring abilities to think strategically, to create solutions to complex situations.)
- Working under pressure, using good judgment, and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to use diplomacy when dealing with problems internally or with guests.
- Communicating verbally and in writing; fluent in English.
Self-Efficacy (Measuring aspects of confidence, independence, and self-direction.)
- Completing detailed tasks with accuracy
- Using tact, courtesy and enthusiasm in any work situation.
DESIRABLE: Service Orientation (Measuring concerns for guest or customer satisfactions.)
- Communicating in other languages a plus, especially French.
- Operating computerized equipment. Familiar with Opera, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Minibar system, and Lodgenet system.