Wanted: Director of Security
It’s not enough to be better, you have to be different! At Parker New York, our brand is your personality. If you are bright, knowledgeable, witty, and stylishly confident, then you may be what we are looking for.
Do You Have What it Takes?You will confidently Security team to ensure the safety of our guests and the protection of our 729 room mid-town property. You are more than just a leader, you’re a coach! To succeed you will:
- Supervise, evaluate, and counsel Security Officers.
- Maintain excellent service levels by consistent training and directing of team members.
- Review and update current policies and procedures to comply with LPM standards/NYC laws.
- Stay calm and collected when responding to unusual or stressful situation.
- Delegate daily tasks to team members responsibly and efficiently.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of the Safety Committee.
- Provide clear communication within your team and with other hotel departments.
NeededThese Essential Skills are required:
- At least give years of security, law enforcement, or investigative experience
- Two or more years in a Managerial, Director, or Executive role in the above fields
- Current NYS Security Guard License
- Qualify for Fire Department Licensing as a Fire Safety Director
- CPR & AED Certified
- Extensive knowledge of CCTV, alarm systems, and 2-way radios
- Ability to operate all required electronic equipment
- Understanding of current Innkeeper’s Law, OSHA requirements, NYC fire laws and regulations, NY state penal laws, and general business laws
- Security experience in an upscale hotel environment
- High School and/or College graduate
- Multilingual (especially French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Medical, Dental, 401K, Free Meals, Vacation and Paid Holidays